Thurs, Jan. 5
Fayerweather Hall, 205
We kick off the new year discussing important youth issues (bullying, suicide, "Don't Say Gay" bill, queer youth, gender identity issues in schools/families...). Join us as we welcome a panel of LGBT youth and youth allies. These amazing youth experts have honest, insightful answers to your questions.
August / 2011
- Wed, Aug. 24 - Highland Happenings * Maryville College Lawn * 5-7 pm * PFLAG Maryville will participate in this outdoor community fair that coincides with the picnic for MC's newest class, Class of 2015. PFLAG Maryville will distribute information about our mission and upcoming events. Is anyone interested in serving as a table host? (Email your interest to email@example.com - asap)
September / 2011
October / 2011
November / 2011
- Thurs, Sept. 1 - PFLAG Maryville * McArthur's Pavilion/Maryville College * 6:30-8 pm
- Thurs, Sept. 8 - PFLAG Knoxville * TVUUC * 7 pm
- Thurs, Sept. 15- TN Equality Project Knox Co Committee * Church of the Savior * 7 pm
- Fri, Sept. 23 - Celebrate Bisexuality Day * The goal of Celebrate Bisexuality Day is to raise
visibility and awareness about an often overlooked or misunderstood community
- Monthly meeting-Thursday, November 3rd--Fayerweather 205 6:30-8:00 pm
- Transgender Day of Remembrance-Nov. 20 (more info to come)
Fri, April 1 - EastTN GSA's Diversity Prom
Thurs, April 7 - PFLAG Maryville, Maryville College, 6:30-8:30 pm
Thurs, April 14 - PFLAG Knoxville, TVUUC, 7 pm
Thurs, April 21- Knox County TEP, Church of the Savior, 7 pm
Sat, April 30
- Safe Schools Training Workshop, Crossville, TN, 9 am-5 pm (CST), Pre-registration deadline: April 15 (Click here for Reg Form
and more info)
PFLAG Maryville Chapter meeting--
- Wednesday, February 3, 2011--National Gay and Lebian Task Force: Creating Change Conference This 5-day conference will feature LGBTQIA speakers from all over the world. PFLAG Maryville will host a 90 minute workshop that focuses on community responses to hate.
- Wednesday, February 9, 2011--Knox County Lobbying 101. TEP's Advancing Equality Day on the Hill is Tuesday March 1st. This is an incredibly important event that provides us an opportunity for face to face contact with our legislatures and a chance to share our stories. We will set up appointments with all of the relevant members of the state house and senate over the course of the day. The prospect of talking to politicians may be a bit intimidating, so to help everyone get up to speed we're hosting this free training session. I encourage everyone who's even considering attending the Day on the Hill to come to the training session. The training will take place at 7:00pm on Wed Feb 9th at The Church of the Savior at 934 N. Weisgarber Rd. in Knoxville. The church is generously providing child care for the meeting.
- Thursday, February 10, 2011--PFLAG Knoxville meeting, 7 pm, TVUUC, Knoxville, TN.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011--OUT in Front: LGBTQI and Allied Undergraduate Leadership Retreat (free, 1-day student retreat). Register here before Feb. 10.